How We “Go Green”
“Going green” is more than just a bandwagon idea…it’s a movement that is changing the face of business. Here at Orange Line, we’re making strides to change the rules of the road by:
- Aligning with vendors that are thinking about the big picture.
- Offering environmentally-friendly products and services.
- Consulting with our customers to help them achieve optimal efficiencies.
- Implementing Best Recycling Initiatives at our plant operations.
Implementing sustainability initiatives isn’t something that can happen overnight, but one simple step you can make is to align with vendors that are also thinking about the big picture. Some companies we have aligned with that have noteworthy sustainability initiatives include:
- Coco Absorb: spill containment solutions made up from coir (coconut husk) an organic, renewable resource
- Shell: biodiversity, natural gas to liquid (GTL), regulating CO2 emissions, spill prevention, global environmental initiatives and local community involvement
- BlueDEF: Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF) supplier
Products and Services
We are continually educating ourselves on and working to offer more environmentally-friendly products and services. Current products and services we offer that help safeguard our natural resources include:
- Extended life anti-freeze
- Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF) – a Urea solution
- Energy-efficient lubricants
- Fuel-efficient lubricants
- High-Speed Pumping Systems – reduces onsite pumping time saving fuel/energy
- Earth-gentle cleaning products
- Spill kits
- CocoAbsorb absorbant
- Ecobox™ from Shell Lubricants – 89% less plastic landfill waste than 24-quart plastic bottles, and the Ecobox™ System carton is fully recyclable.
- Equipment Solutions – double wall tanks, containment solutions, waste oil recovery and disposal systems
Orange Line Oil consultants can help you save money by reducing fuel consumption and energy usage, all while increasing your social responsibility. Our experts can:
- help fleets extend drain intervals
- help fleets optimize fuel economy
- help educate you on SmartWay Transport programs
- help educate you on proper storage and containment of products
- help educate you on proper Spill Prevention, Control, and Countermeasure (SPCC) Planning
- help educate you on new products that are environmentally sound and help reduce waste
The world is changing, and as customers are becoming more and more educated, demand will shift and sustainability will be a focus. So now is the time to start positioning your company as one committed to the improvement of your environmental performance. If you have any questions on how to get started, give us a call. We’re here to help!